We invite you to see why Detroit Catholic Central High School is the largest Catholic and Private high school in Michigan. With a student body joined in Brotherhood, there is a place for every young man, no matter his interests.
CC has a long-standing tradition of preparing young men for life in Mind, Body, and Spirit. The educational atmosphere is one that sets high expectations for students, and challenges them to reach their potential. They are mentored spiritually, academically, and in their extracurriculars.
Established in 1928 and run by the Basilian Fathers, there is a spiritual element to everything at CC. Not all students are Catholic, but students develop their faith life through daily prayer, Theology class, and Christian service. In addition, our Campus Ministry office organizes retreats, all-school Liturgies, student-led community service, and numerous faith-building activities that enhance the spiritual life of our student body.
We attract some of the finest Artists, Scholars, Musicians, and Athletes in Southeast Michigan. Students at CC excel in the fine arts, academic competitions, and athletics.
- At least 6 high school music programs around the country are run by Catholic Central alumni, and about 10-15% of the student body is involved in the music department.
- A growing fine arts program includes drama, cinema, and computer design in addition to traditional painting, drawing, and ceramics. An annual Fine-Arts festival highlights the accomplishments of our student-artists.
- Our 4 Academic "Quiz Bowl" Teams have won National Championships in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 16 of the last 17 State Championships.
- Students compete on a state and national level in DECA, HOSA, Forensics, and Mock Trial.
- Our Robotics team competes on a state and national level in VEX and FIRST Robotics.
- CC Athletic Teams have won 20 State Championships since 2009-2010 in Bowling, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, and Wrestling. We have 14 sports with multiple levels (varsity and sub-varsity) and 5 non-cut programs.
- At any time there are more than 30 active clubs through student activities - 95% of students are involved in at least one extracurricular activity.
CC also has a proud history of National Merit recognition, with more students recognized as a National Merit Scholars than any other Catholic high school in Michigan (65+ since 2010).
Students are able to take advantage of the beautiful facilities of our 113 acre campus and resources of a large school, while maintaining the personal connection of a small school community and the opportunity to build life-long friendships. We have 5 counselors, with a student:teacher ratio of 16:1 and an average class size of 22 students.
This website is constantly being updated to make sure you have the best information we can give you, and we hope you find it helpful. If you have any questions regarding admissions, please contact us in the admissions office, and we'll be happy to help show you around!